ASSISTANT NURSING SUPERVISOR OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING MENTAL HEALTH!
~ SIGN-ON & RETENTION BONUS ~
~ PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TUITION PROGRAMS ~
~ POTENTIAL RELOCATION ASSISTANCE ~
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
Assistant Nursing Supervisor - Acute Care
Within our Acute Care Program, the Crisis Stabilization (both Adult and Child), Emergency Services and Child Partial Hospitalization Units provide critical Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder services.
These responsibilities are in addition to all normal duties of a CSU Registered Nurse.
- Responsible for daily oversight of nurses and BHT's during shift to ensure a therapeutic and safe milieu.
- Training and onboarding CSU staff.
- Modeling techniques for de-escalation, boundaries and crisis intervention.
- Assisting with staff recruitment, retention and engagement.
- Recognizing safety concerns, utilizing resources and guiding others during crisis.
- Operating at all times in accordance with DLC Policy and Procedures.
- Assisting with orientation, performance review and mentorship.
TO BECOME OUR NEXT ASSISTANT NURSING SUPERVISOR:
- Clear/Active FL Registered Nurse License = Required
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing, Behavioral Health or related field = Required
- Prior experience as a supervisor of an inpatient/residential and/or acute care setting = Required
- Clinical and risk management skills = Required
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and substance use disorders = Required
- Flexibility, accessibility, working after hours, including some weekends, to ensure accountability and integrity = Required
- Microsoft Office 365 skills and Electronic Medical Records experience = Strongly Preferred
- Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required
- Ability to pass a Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprinting, Drug Screen and Local Criminal Check = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time Hourly/Exempt Position
~ Monday-Thursday, 2PM-12AM [4 x 10]
~ Rotating On-Call
~ Some flexibility required Holiday & Shift Coverage
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives Including EAP
~ Extensive Tuition/Licensure Reimbursement Plans/Loan Forgiveness
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via email@example.com.