COMMUNITY-BASED CLINICAL OPPORTUNITY TO PROMOTE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES!
~ LICENSE-ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES ACCEPTED ~
~ SIGNING BONUS IF LICENSED ~
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC): Community Services [Position # 482]
David Lawrence Center is in a position to onboard a Licensed OR License-Eligible professional with a concrete passion for working with children and families.
This is a hands-on, field and community/home-based opportunity for a Licensed or License-Eligible Clinician to make an impact on the SWFL population in need.
- Providing consultations and education to Child Protective Investigators.
- Working closely with Investigative Staff to assist families that have been identified with possible mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- Completing Home Visits with DCF Staff as needed to identify danger threats, adult functioning, parental protective capacity and safety management services.
- Supporting Investigative Staff in understanding the effects of mental health and/or substance abuse on the parent/caregiver behavior and protective capacity.
- Participating in legal, multi-disciplinary and other staffing that will assist the DCF Team as a whole.
- Fielding and handling referrals from the DCF Investigative Staff.
- Completing monthly utilization spreadsheet reports to Central Florida.
- Taking care of documentation for the Florida Safe Families Network (FSFN).
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE TEAM:
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Psychology, Behavioral Science or a related field = Required
- Current FL License (LMHC or LCSW) = Preferred
- License-Eligible Status/Licensure in Process = Accepted
- 5 years of experience in the behavioral health field = Preferred
- Spanish Bilingual = Preferred
- Professional flexibility and the ability to adapt to change = Required
- Thorough knowledge of community mental health and substance abuse providers = Required
- Working understanding of the Florida Child Welfare Practice Model = Preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal hand-holding = Required
- Exceptional skills in organization (time and information) and communication (written and verbal) = Required
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office = Required
- The ability to combine empathy, energy and efficiency = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
~ SIGNING BONUS IF LICENSED ~
- Full-Time Position with FULL Benefits
~ Local travel required to meet Client needs
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays.
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
~ Healthy lunch options available for pickup on Main Campus
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-354-1482.