LOCAL CRISIS TECHNICIAN COORDINATOR OPPORTUNITY SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Behavioral Health Technician (BHTI) & Coordinator - Acute Care [Position # 385]
The DLC Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) and Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit (CCSU) provide high-impact, transformative and imperative care to those who might not otherwise have access to rehabilitation resources.
Within the CSU and CCSU, Behavioral Healthcare Technicians (BHT's) implement direct client care, assist individuals as they transition to the next step of their wellness or recovery journey and guarantee the safety of both clients and colleagues.
These duties are in addition to standard BHT responsibilities including maintaining the safety of our Clients and following all BHT procedures.
- Completing the CSU/CCSU monthly schedule.
- Unit assignments and on-call and emergent staffing issues.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the CSU/CCSU and ensuring policies/procedures are followed to maintain safety.
- Assisting with New Hire orientations, training, and training compliance for all CSU/CCSU BHT's.
- Providing leadership and daily oversight to all BHT Staff in order to provide a safe and therapeutic milieu for CSU and CCSU Clients.
- Participating in Baker Act hearings.
- Conducting safety Rounds and 15-minute checks.
- Search and seizure responsibilities and designing personal safety plans.
- Responding to both emergency and non-emergency back-up calls.
- Maintaining cost effective yet adequate inventory of unit supply stock.
- Playing active role in assisting Supervisor with staffing challenges, making phone calls and having a balanced staffing pattern.
- Expected to address and support improving unit basics such as room checks, walking rounds, outdoor time, etc.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE TEAM:
- High school Diploma/GED = Required
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field = Preferred
- Experience working with Children and Adolescents = Preferred
- Experience in behavioral healthcare = Strongly Preferred
- Group home or similar exposure = Strongly Preferred
- Demonstrated and experienced-based client service skills = Required
- Ability to be a role model and nurture a team environment = Preferred
- Experience with remaining attentive, alert and caring during work hours = Required
- Full-Time Position
~ Base schedule of Monday-Friday, 8AM-4PM
~ Hours may vary and include a rotating on- call schedule to address staffing-related needs.
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via email@example.com or 239-354-1482.