RARE OPPORTUNITY TO PROMOTE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS FOR THOSE IN NEED!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Day Shift - Full Time Nurse (RN or LPN): DETOX [Position # 465]
Our Detox Program provides critical community care through our 15-bed adult inpatient unit. We are looking to select a client-focused and sharply-skilled nurse to enhance our team - this is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's recovery every single minute of every single shift!
- Providing direct care to clients, including triage, nursing assessment, implementation of orders, withdrawal assessment and management, observation, interviewing, recording and reporting medical and behavior patterns.
- Timely and accurate documentation in the electronic medical records department.
- Supplying direction to Behavioral Healthcare Technicians (BHT's) as necessary.
- Serving as charge nurse (with appropriate experience).
- Evaluating and identifying nursing care plans and intervening according to nursing practice standards to meet client treatment/care needs in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Implementing effective infection control practices and following reporting standards.
- Safely, accurately and effectively implementing/documenting client discharges.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE TEAM:
- High school Diploma/GED = Required
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program = Required
- Current State of Florida RN or LPN License = Required
- 1-2 years' related experience = Required
- Spanish Bilingual = Preferred
- Skills in nursing assessment, evaluation, planning, and intervention = Required
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of clients, and co-workers = Required
- Adaptability to varying and emergency work conditions = Required
- Familiarity with electronic documentation = Required
- Basic knowledge of principles and treatment techniques of substance abuse and mental health programs (including Medication Assisted Treatment) = Preferred
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time position (Monday through Thursday, 7AM-4PM)
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via email@example.com or 239-354-1482.