UNIQUE CLINICAL OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLCenters), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLCenters is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLCenters is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, as of this year, more than 290,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services have been provided.
Discharge Planner: Acute Care [Position # 962]
Our Acute Care Program provides critical service through our Crisis Stabilization Units for Adults/Children, our Emergency Services Assessment Center (ESAC), our Children's Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and our Baker Act Admissions Team.
- Providing education, resources, and supplies related to COVID infection control to ensure the safety of clients and families who are discharged from DLC's Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU).
- Providing care coordination, education, and support services that will help provide more intensive support for treatment goals to the clients and families residing on DLC's Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU)
- Coordinating referral and service linkages for continued care and ensuring a safe placement upon discharge.
- Communicating with local community resources related to mental health and substance abuse.
- Comprehensive care coordination working with the multidisciplinary team including psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, technician staff, external providers, and family members.
TO JOIN OUR ELITE ACUTE CARE TEAM:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in psychology, social work, behavioral science or related = Required
- At least one year of experience working with children or adults in a behavioral healthcare setting is required. When appropriate, relevant experience may substitute for degree = Preferred
- At least one year of experience in Mental Healthcare/Behavioral Healthcare setting = Preferred
- Strong capabilities in multi-disciplinary team collaboration = Required
- Accurate efficiency in a demanding and fast-paced environment = Required
- Bilingual = Preferred
- Electronic Medical Record documentation experience = Preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office 365 skills = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time Position (Hourly/Non-Exempt based on 40 hours)
~ Monday-Friday, 8AM-4PM
~ Occasional Weekend Hours (rotating schedule, 1-2 per month max)
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLCenters is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLCenters' work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via bethp@DLCenters.org or 239-354-1482.