CLINICAL OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS IN MENTAL HEALTH
SIGN-ON BONUS, ENHANCED RATE & SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL!
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM AND 401k/EAP!
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
Emergency Services Clinician (Bachelor Level) - Day/Evening [Position # 80]
Our Emergency Services Assessment Center (ESAC) provides elevated and modern Mental Health/Substance Use Disorder services. We are looking to select clinically-strong but compassionately-focused professionals with relevant experience in intake-based assessment and triage.
POSITION DETAILS: Population consists of individuals with mental health or substance use disorder issues; some with severe and persistent co-occurring disorders.
- Conducting psychiatric/clinical psychosocial assessment and diagnosis to collect necessary data to make informed decisions about client needs and determine appropriateness of placement under the Baker Act Law.
- Providing crisis intervention, safety planning, and resources and support to adults, children, and families in crisis.
- Triage services to address concerns and/or to determine admission to the crisis unit under Baker Act Law.
- Facilitating timely, thoughtful and accurate discharges for clients who have been admitted to the Emergency Services Assessment Center and Crisis Stabilization Units.
- Completing comprehensive psycho-social assessments for DLC's inpatient Detox Program.
- Developing and evaluating individualized client treatment plans.
- Completing insurance authorization for clients admitted to Emergency Services Assessment Center, Crisis stabilization Units and Detox Program when needed.
- Providing crisis support via telephone and the National Suicide Hotline.
- Working closely with DLC Providers, Nurses, other Clinicians, Behavioral Health Technicians, Support Staff and external community partners.
TO JOIN OUR ELITE ESAC TEAM:
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Behavioral Science, Psychiatric Nursing, Rehabilitation Counseling or other relevant field = Required
- 1 years of experience in Mental Healthcare/Behavioral Healthcare setting = Required
- Knowledge of Mental Health/ Substance Use Disorder/ treatment principles and techniques = Required
- Ability to assist with inpatient discharge planning and post discharge appointments = Required
- Strong capabilities in multi-disciplinary team collaboration = Required
- Accurate efficiency in a demanding and fast-paced environment = Required
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of Clients and co-workers = Required
- Adaptability to varying and emergent work conditions = Required
- Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Microsoft Office 365/Teams = Required
- Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required
- Ability to pass a Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprint Screening and Drug Test = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
Full-Time Salaried/Exempt Position (4 x 10-Hour Shifts)
~ Wednesday-Saturday 10AM-8PM OR
~ Wednesday-Saturday, 12PM-10PM
~ Shift Differential FOR ALL HOURS WORKED AFTER 4PM!
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health/Wellness Initiatives & EAP
~ Extensive Tuition/Licensure Reimbursement Plans & Loan Forgiveness
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via bethp@DLCenters.org or 239-206-6523.