LOCAL FINANCIAL COUNSELING OPPORTUNITY TO PROMOTE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services. Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Financial Counselor - Acute Care/Main Campus [Position # 512]
We are looking to select a fact-and-figure oriented yet still fervently compassionate Counselor to enhance the Team.
This role requires a high level of Customer Service to Clients as they maneuver their way through the financial aspect of their overall mental health plan.
- Monitoring the financial responsibilities of our Clients.
- Keeping Client insurance records up to date.
- Performing calculations, collections and conversations with Clients regarding their financial responsibilities to DLC (Co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and balances).
- Researching within Clients' entire records to determine outstanding services and potential issues to be investigated and corrected.
- Setting up Payment Plans and offering appropriate Financial Counseling.
- Working with Clients to set up discount applications, registrations documents and consent details.
- Reviewing Clients' services for insurance coverage appropriateness.
- Verifying/obtaining insurance benefit information and authorization as needed.
- Performing Program Support functions including Client check-in, scanning/filing and phone assistance.
- Other Support Staff duties as needed to assist the Team.
TO BECOME DLC'S NEXT FINANCIAL COUNSELOR:
- High School Diploma/GED = Required
- 2 years of Front Desk/Collections/Billing in the health care field = Required
- Sound financial knowledge and ability to make calculations in a timely and accurate manner = Required
- Experience with Health Insurance logistics = Preferred
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse group of Clients, colleagues, agencies and community members = Required
- Exceptional skills in organization (time and information), task prioritization and independent problem solving = Required
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office = Required
- Dedication to the organization's mission, standards, procedures and protocol = Required
- Bilingual (Spanish) = Preferred
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time position
~ 8AM to 4PM
~ NO Weekends or Holidays!
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, contact HR Generalist/Recruiter Beth Poulin via 239-354-1482 or BethP@DLCMHC.Com.