LOCAL PSYCHIATRIC OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO LIFE-CHANGING MENTAL HEALTH!
Very Profitable Enhanced On-Call Compensation Available!
Full OR Part-Time Schedule Option Potential!
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLCenters), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLCenters is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLCenters is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, more than 290,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services were provided in the last year.
Inpatient Psychiatrist: Acute Care [Position # 313]
Our Acute Care Program includes our Emergency Services Assessment Center as well as Crisis Stabilization Units for both adults and children. It provides invaluable assistance to those in need who are taking their first, second or final steps towards true health and wellness.
We are looking to enhance our already highly reputed Acute Care Team with a Psychiatrist - a professional that can show dedicated energy and compassion while remaining calm and collected in crisis situations.
- Working closely with the Director of Acute Care Services while also demonstrating a high level of independent responsibility.
- Providing direct psychiatric services in a residential inpatient setting.
- Overseeing assigned Medical Director functions for Detox and Crossroads substance use recovery programs.
- Attending Baker Act hearings and completing periodic Baker Act evaluations to inmates at the Collier County Jail via telemedicine.
- Actively participating in treatment planning with other DLCenters staff to design optimal Client care.
- Assessing Clients' mental health status, diagnostic impressions supported by the presenting symptoms, clinical summary and treatment recommendations.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with Clients and families to achieve treatment goals.
- Assuring appropriate medication prescription and responding to address and manage side effects.
- Attending to compliance and documentation requirements related to medical records, storage and HIPAA.
- Complying with DLCenters' policies and procedures relating to restraint, seclusion and emergency treatment orders.
TO JOIN OUR ELITE ACUTE CARE TEAM:
- Current and clear FL Psychiatrist License & DEA = Required
- Medical Doctor Degree from a regionally accredited College or University = Required
- Suboxone Waiver and experience with Baker Acts = Required
- 2 years of inpatient experience = Required
- 2 years working with adults, adolescents and children that have severe mental illnesses/co-occurring disorders = Required
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the care and treatment of those with mental health or substance use disorders = Required
- Exceptional and intuitive track record in assessing Client needs = Required
- Ability to relate to diverse backgrounds and cultures = Required
- Ability to collaborate with other Programs as well as outside community agencies = Required
- Ability to pass a Level II DCF/AHCA Mental Health Screening = Required
- Spanish Bilingual = Preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain professional Client boundaries = Required
- Ability to assess emergency situations and respond effectively = Required
- Electronic Medical Records experience = Required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office 365 skills (including Teams) = Strongly Preferred
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time OR Part-Time Exempt Position
~ Target Hours Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
~ Some flexibility available with scheduled hours
~ Rotating Holiday/Weekend coverage with other DLCenters' Providers (Enhanced compensation)
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLCenters is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLCenters' work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via bethp@DLCenters.org or 239-354-1482.