COMMUNITY-FOCUSED SUBSTANCE USE CLINICIAN OPPORTUNITY TO DRIVE LIFE-CHANGING RECOVERY!
SIGN-ON BONUS ~ NO WEEKENDS OR EVENINGS ~ PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TUITION ASSISTANCE
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
Clinician - Project Recovery Program (PRP) [Position # 887]
Our Community & Forensic Services Programs provide truly transformative care to high-need populations. We are seeking an experienced clinician to provide substance use treatment services in our Project Recovery Program (PRP), intensive-outpatient (IOP) services provided in partnership with the Naples Jail Center (NJC).
- Conducting daily group therapy sessions with the female PRP participants.
- Documenting therapy sessions in a timely fashion according to organizational standards.
- Conducting on-site clinical assessments of NJC inmates applying for admission to PRP.
- Treatment plan reviews for program participants to monitor and document progress.
- Individual counseling sessions as clinically appropriate.
- Updating participants' external providers (legal or medical) with their progress.
- Participant discharge notes and summaries (completion or discontinued treatment).
- Referring to other DLC programs and services as needed.
- Daily psychoeducational modules using
evidence-based interventions consistent with an IOP level of care treatment
program include but are not limited to:
~ The science of addiction and impact of
substance use on the body and brain.
~ Developmental impact of substance use (i.e., childhood, adolescence, adulthood).
~ Triggers, Cravings and Relapse prevention techniques.
~ Coping skills and strategies for maintaining sobriety.
~ Problem resolution, anger control, and stress management.
~ Assertiveness and inter-personal communication skills.
~ Trauma and its relationship to substance use.
~ Healthy relationships and effective communication skills .
~ Introduction to Twelve Step and other Peer Support programs to help maintain sobriety.
TO BECOME OUR NEXT PRP CLINICIAN:
- Bachelor's Degree *In Related Field From
Accredited Institution = Required
(Counseling, Social Work, Psych, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Special Education, Health Education, Human Services, etc.)
- Master's Degree* = Preferred
- Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) = Strongly Preferred, But Not Required
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the care and treatment of the substance use disorders and co-occurring individuals = Required
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt to change based on unique nature of PRP = Required
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse group of clients, colleagues, agencies and community members = Required
- Exceptional skills in organization (time and information), task prioritization and independent problem solving = Required
- Microsoft Office & Electronic Medical Records = Preferred But WILL TRAIN
- Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required
- Current/Clear FL Driver's License = Required
- Ability to pass CCSO Criminal Check/Jail Clearance, Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprinting, and Drug Screen = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time Salaried/Exempt Position
~ ***7:00AM to 7:15AM start time (Jail security and Group start time)***
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of
competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives Including EAP
~ Extensive Tuition/Licensure Reimbursement Plans/Loan Forgiveness
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via email@example.com or 239-206-6523.