FULL-TIME CRISIS NURSE POSITION TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING MENTAL HEALTH WITH YOUTH/YOUNG ADULTS!
SIGN-ON BONUS & RETENTION BONUS!
SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY & COMPACT SCHEDULE!
FREE CEU's & POTENTIAL RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!
NEW GRADS WELCOMED, VALUED & TRAINED!
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission. DLC IS HRSA-APPROVED!
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
Licensed Practical Nurse: Children's Crisis Unit [Position # 993]
Our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) and Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit (CCSU) provide high-impact, transformative and imperative care to those who might not otherwise have access to mental health resources.
This compact weekend schedule is perfect to allow to extra income earning potential AND the chance to make a difference in the lives of children/youth in the midst of a mental health crisis.
- Providing direct care to clients on Children's Crisis Unit (supporting Adult Unit when needed) while working closely with Doctors and other Staff.
- Nursing duties include triage, assessment, admissions, implementation of orders, withdrawal assessment and management, observation and medication administration.
- Potential assistance with Children's Partial Hospitalization Program when needed.
- Recording and reporting medical and behavior patterns.
- Timely and accurate documentation in the electronic medical records system.
- Supplying direction to Behavioral Healthcare Technicians (BHT's) as necessary.
- Evaluating and identifying nursing care plans and intervening according to nursing practice standards to meet client treatment/care needs in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Implementing effective infection control practices and following reporting standards.
- Safely, accurately and effectively implementing/documenting client discharges.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE CSU TEAM:
- High school Diploma/GED = Required
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program = Required
- Clear/Active FL LPN License = Required
- Skills in nursing assessment, evaluation, planning and intervention = Required
- 1 years working with children/youth/young adults = Required
Related experience = Preferred But Will Train!
~ Mental health, behavioral health, crisis nursing and/or psych nursing
~ Inpatient, residential, jail, detox and/or Baker Act
Experience and familiarity with documenting in an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Microsoft Office 365/Teams = Preferred But Will Train!
Basic knowledge of Mental Health/Substance Use Disorder treatment principles and techniques (including Medication Assisted Treatment) = Preferred But Will Train!
Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required
Clear Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprint Screening and Drug Test = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time Hourly/Non-Exempt
positions @ 36 Hours
~ 36 hours (Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-8PM)
~ Ability to work Additional Hours in/outside of CSU for extra income
~ COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside
of competitive salary include:
~ Cross-training with Detox
~ Exciting 401(k) w/Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
~ Extensive Tuition/Reimbursement Program & Loan Forgiveness (HRSA!)
~ Assistance with RN Licensure if Needed!
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via email@example.com or 239-206-6523.