LOCAL LPN OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
~ RETENTION BONUS & SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY! ~
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN): Weekend Day/Evening Shift - Crisis Stabilization Units [Position # 231]
The DLC Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) and Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit (CCSU) provide high-impact, transformative and imperative care to those who might not otherwise have access to rehabilitation resources.
This work is the REAL DEAL to provide Client support in the Mental Health/Substance Abuse field. We are very mindful of making sure we help sharply skilled and historically empathetic Nurses who have achieved their LPN License develop a career with DLC.
- Providing highly skilled care to all Clients in the Crisis Stabilization Units during shift.
- Processing admissions to the CSU/CCSU in a timely manner.
- Taking care of CSU/CCSU admissions and discharges as needed.
- Communicating with ESAC, BHT's, community partners and local hospitals.
- Providing guidance and training to BHT staff as needed, especially during crisis situations.
- Properly documenting work in Credible, nursing notes and transcribing orders).
- Addressing Client concerns in a professional yet compassionate way.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE LPN TEAM:
- High school Diploma/GED = Required
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program = Required
- Current State of Florida LPN Certification = Required
- 1-2 years' related experience (adolescents and adults with Chronic Mental Health issues, Substance Abuse disorders, etc.) = Required
- Bilingual = Preferred
- Skills in nursing assessment, evaluation, planning, and intervention = Required
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of clients, and co-workers = Required
- Adaptability to varying and emergency work conditions = Required
- Familiarity with electronic documentation = Required
- Basic knowledge of Mental Health/Substance Abuse principles and treatment techniques = Preferred
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft 365 products including Word, Outlook, and Excel = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
RETENTION BONUS & SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY!
- Full-Time position at 35 hours (Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 8AM-8PM)
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via email@example.com or 239-354-1482.