RARE & FLEXIBLE OPPORTUNITY TO ENSURE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most compassionate and skilled professionals.
Our Acute Care Program includes the Emergency Services Assessment Center as well as Crisis Stabilization Units for both Children and Adults. It provides invaluable assistance to those in need in taking the first, second or final step towards true health and wellness.
This Program needs an additional Psychiatrist to round out our well-reputed Team - someone that shows dedicated energy and compassion while executing high-echelon services and assessments.
POSITION DETAILS (PRN Psychiatrist, Position # 262):
- Working closely under the Director of Acute Care while also demonstrating a high level of independent responsibility.
- Providing direct psychiatric services in a residential inpatient setting.
- Actively participating in treatment plans with other DLC staff to design optimal Client care.
- Assessing Clients' mental health status, diagnostic impressions supported by the presenting symptoms, clinical summary and treatment recommendations.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with Clients and families to achieve treatment goals.
- Assuring appropriate medication prescription and responding to resulting side effects.
- Handling compliance regarding medical records, storage and HIPPA requirements.
- Complying with DLC policy and procedure relating to restraint, seclusion and emergency treatment orders.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE PSYCHIATRIC STAFF:
- Medical Doctor Degree from a regionally accredited College or University = Required
- 2 Years of related experience = Required
- Inpatient experience with Children, Adolescents and Adults that have severe mental illnesses = Required
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to care and treatment of mentally ill = Required
- Exceptional and intuitive track record in assessing client needs = Required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on staffing needs = Required
- Comfort with and compassion while relating to diverse backgrounds and cultures = Required
- Accurate reporting and record keeping skills = Required
- Ability to collaborate with other Programs as well as outside community agencies = Required
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- This is a PRN "On Call/As Needed" Position; flexibility is a must-have in your schedule.
- We are thrilled to offer this type of arrangement for those that tackle multiple professional endeavors or have specific requirements for work/life balance.
Contact HR Generalist/Recruiter Beth Poulin via 239-354-1482 or BethP@DLCMHC.Com to explore this focused career enhancement with the David Lawrence Center!