FLEXIBLE PSYCH PA OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLCenters), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLCenters is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, as of this year, more than 290,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services have been provided.
PRN - Psychiatric Physician Assistant (PA): Acute Care [Position # 246]Our Acute Care Program includes the Emergency Services Assessment Center as well as Crisis Stabilization Units for both Children and Adults. It provides invaluable assistance to those in need in taking the first, second or final step towards true health and wellness. This is an opportunity to work with some of SWFL's most dedicated professionals in the Mental Health field with a flexible schedule as well!
- Working closely under the Director of Acute Care while also demonstrating a high level of independent responsibility.
- Assisting with service provision in Emergency Services, Crisis Stabilization and Detox Programs.
- Providing physical examinations and medication management services utilizing exceptionally compassionate care.
- Assessing and addressing Client medical conditions via established protocols
- Actively participating in treatment plans with other DLCenters' staff to design optimal Client care.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with Clients and families to achieve treatment goals.
- Handling compliance regarding medical records, storage and HIPAA requirements.
- Complying with DLCenters' policies relating to restraint, seclusion and emergency treatment orders.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE ACUTE CARE TEAM:
- PA Degree/Master's Diploma from a regionally accredited College or University = Required
- Current FL Physician Assistant License in good standing = Required
- 2 Years of related experience = Required
- Inpatient experience with Children, Adolescents and Adults that have severe mental illnesses = Required
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to care and treatment of mentally ill = Required
- Exceptional and intuitive track record in assessing Client needs = Required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on staffing needs = Required
- Comfort with and compassion while relating to diverse backgrounds and cultures = Required
- Accurate reporting and record keeping skills = Required
- Ability to collaborate with other Programs as well as outside community agencies = Required
- Electronic Medical Records experience and comfort with Office 365/Teams = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Part Time PRN Position: "On Call" status with open shifts offered for coverage (includes day, evening, overnight, weekend and holidays)
- Full training and exposure to a wide variety of treatment modalities
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive rate include:
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLCenters is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLCenters' work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-354-1482.