FLEXIBLE PSYCH OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most compassionate and skilled professionals.
Our Acute Care Program includes the Emergency Services Assessment Center as well as Crisis Stabilization Units for both Children and Adults. It provides invaluable assistance to those in need in taking the first, second or final step towards true health and wellness.
This Program needs an additional Psychiatrist to round out our well-reputed Team - someone that shows dedicated energy and compassion while executing high-echelon services and assessments.
PRN - Psychiatric Physician Assistant (PA): Acute Care [Position # 246]
- Working closely under the Director of Acute Care while also demonstrating a high level of independent responsibility.
- Assisting with service provision in Emergency Services, Crisis Stabilization and Detox Programs.
- Providing physical examinations and medication management services utilizing exceptionally compassionate care.
- Assessing and addressing Client medical conditions via established protocols
- Actively participating in treatment plans with other DLC staff to design optimal Client care.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with Clients and families to achieve treatment goals.
- Handling compliance regarding medical records, storage and HIPAA requirements.
- Complying with DLC policy and procedure relating to restraint, seclusion and emergency treatment orders.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE ACUTE CARE TEAM:
- PA Degree/Master's Diploma from a regionally accredited College or University = Required
- Current FL Physician Assistant License in good standing = Required
- 2 Years of related experience = Required
- Inpatient experience with Children, Adolescents and Adults that have severe mental illnesses = Required
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to care and treatment of mentally ill = Required
- Exceptional and intuitive track record in assessing Client needs = Required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on staffing needs = Required
- Comfort with and compassion while relating to diverse backgrounds and cultures = Required
- Accurate reporting and record keeping skills = Required
- Ability to collaborate with other Programs as well as outside community agencies = Required
- Electronic Medical Records experience and comfort with Office 365 = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Part Time PRN Position: "On Call" status with open shifts offered for coverage (includes day, evening, overnight, weekend and holidays)
- Full training and exposure to a wide variety of treatment modalities
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-354-1482.