BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECH OPPORTUNITIES: EMERGENCY SERVICES
~ MAKE YOUR OWN SCHEDULE: See Below For Details! ~
ENHANCED RATE & SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY!
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
PRN/Flex Schedule: Emergency Services Tech For Mental/Behavioral Health [# 363]
Our Emergency Services Assessment Center (ESAC) provides elevated and modern mental health/substance use disorder services to Collier County community members with severe and immediate needs. This is a high-impact opportunity to be involved in our Clients' first steps towards recovery and wellness.
Within ESAC, Behavioral Healthcare Technicians (BHT's) provide direct Client care, promote an environment of safety and assist with next steps in treatment/care plans.
- Direct Client care that demonstrates intuitive skill and inclusive treatment.
- Processing admissions and discharges.
- Working with local law enforcement, hospitals and regional agencies to accept admissions and transfers.
- Ensuring Client/staff safety within ESAC and CSU (Crisis Stabilization Unit) guidelines.
- Transporting Clients in a safe and efficient manner.
- Training and orientation of additional BHT staff when needed.
- Clearly and consistently communicating the DLC Charter.
- Working closely with other DLC Team Members including Doctors, Nurses, Clinicians, other BHT's and Support Staff to ensure continuity and quality of care.
TO JOIN OUR ELITE TEAM OF ESAC BHT's:
- High school Diploma/GED = Required
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or related field = Preferred
- Minimum of two years relevant direct service work experience in mental health, group homes, prisons, detention centers or similar work settings = Required
- Ability to exercise decisive and creative judgment in taxing or sudden situations = Required
- Bilingual = Preferred
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records = Required
- Microsoft Office 365 (Including Teams/Video Conferencing) = Strongly Preferred
- Staying up to date with all trainings and immunizations = Required
- Ability to pass a DCF Level II Mental Health Fingerprint Screening, Drug Screen and local Criminal Check = Required
COMPENSATION & LOGISTICS:
- Hourly/Non-Exempt Position
~ No set schedule/number of hours
~ Shifts extended include weekdays, weekends and holidays
~ Shifts are 8 or 10 hours, and ESAC is operational 24-hours per day
~ PRN Agreement with minimum of 2 shifts per month required (if offered)
- Shift Differential pay increase for hours worked between 4PM-8AM
~ Additional $.75 for hours worked 4PM-12AM
~ Additional $2.00 for hours worked 12AM-8AM
- Full and comprehensive (paid) training & ability to work Additional Hours for extra income in other programs
- Potential to transition into Full-Time role with outstanding benefits and retention bonus based on availability and performance
- Diverse discounts with local businesses
- DLC-sponsored Health/Wellness Initiatives & EAP
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via bethp@DLCenters.org or 239-206-6523.