PART-TIME PSYCHIATRIST OPPORTUNITY TO ENSURE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services. Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this
year, more than 277,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be
Part-Time Psychiatrist: Jail System/Baker Act - Acute Care [Position # 963]
Our Acute Care Program provides critical service through our Crisis Stabilization Units for Adults/Children, our Emergency Services Assessment Center (ESAC), our Children's Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and our Baker Act Admissions Team.
- Completing Baker Act psychiatric evaluations at the Collier County Jail.
- Evaluations for Baker Act releases when appropriate.
- Performing medication consultations for Clients under Baker Acts in the Collier County Jail system.
- Collaborating with Armor Correctional Health medical staff regarding medication recommendations and Client treatment while incarcerated under Baker Acts.
- Attending Baker Act related hearings and court proceedings with the Collier County Magistrate.
- Working closely under the Director of Acute Care while also demonstrating a high level of independent responsibility.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE PSYCHIATRIC STAFF:
- Medical Doctor Degree from a regionally accredited College or University = Required
- Current and clear FL Psychiatry License = Required
- Current FL Controlled Substance Certification = Required
- 2 Years of related experience = Required
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to care and treatment of those with substance use disorders, mental illness and co-occurring diagnosis = Required
- Ability to pass a Level II DCF Mental Health Background Screening & Level 5 CCSO Screening = Required
- Exceptional and intuitive track record in assessing client needs = Required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule = Required
- Comfort with and compassion while relating to diverse backgrounds and cultures = Required
- Electronic Medical Records experience = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION
- Part-Time Position (No Benefits) at approximately 12 hours per week
~ Fluid schedule that varies week-to-week
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience
- Diverse discounts with local businesses
- DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-354-1482.