UNIQUE PEER OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS & RECOVERY!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Peer Recovery Coach: Crossroads Continuum [Position # 941]
Crossroads Staff provide substance use and mental health services to individuals with primary and co-occurring disorders.
This is our voluntary program, and we want to reward those who have made the choice to live a recovered and healthy life with professionals that are compassionate, relatable and impactful!
If you feel that you are ready to share your experience, help others and enhance your career in the Substance Use field, we encourage you to explore this unique and rewarding role with DLC.
- Serving as a supporter, role model, mentor and advocate to individuals with substance use and co-occurring disorders to assist in recovery planning and goal setting.
- Providing non-clinical, evidence-based Peer support services and working with Peers to implement self-management wellness plans.
- Working with local hospitals/emergency Rooms to assist individuals with Opioid Use Disorder to access Medication Assisted Treatment Options.
- Creating Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP®) to assist Peers in identifying relapse prevention strategies.
- Providing recovery and whole health education to help Peers identify their objectives in both 1:1 and group settings to address chronic diseases/co-morbid conditions.
- Helping Peers identify their interests/strengths and participating in all decisions related to establishing and achieving their recovery goals.
- Assisting Peers with developing problem-solving skills so that they can respond to challenges that may arise in their recovery process.
- Participating as a member of a Peer's entire treatment/recovery support team and including family members' input when Peer desires.
- Assisting Peers in organizing their time to keep appointments as well as other scheduled contacts with specific providers.
- Conveying hope to Peers about their own recovery and model that recovery is possible by demonstrating recovery-focused health and wellness behaviors.
- Promoting social learning, understanding and acceptance through shared experiences.
- Encouraging Peers to develop independent behavior that is based on choice rather than compliance.
- Describing personal recovery practices to help Peers discover which recovery practices work for them.
- Supporting successful community inclusion and participation.
- Transition and navigation assistance to Peers working with and through multiple recovery systems.
- Teaching life skills, including personal care and socially responsible actions.
- Coaching Peers to establish/reestablish/maintain healthy relationships with family members (of choice), significant others and friends.
- Participating in community and outside agency meetings related to creating a recovery-oriented system of care throughout Florida.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE PEER SPECIALIST TEAM:
- High School Diploma or GED = Required
- Degree or certification in related field = Preferred
- Personally lived experience with Substance Use Disorders = Required
- Meeting Florida Certification Board requirements = Required
- Completing Peer Certification within 1 year of Start Date = Required
- Ability to share personal recovery experiences and to develop authentic Peer-to-Peer relationships = Required
- Respecting each individual Peer's unique path to recovery = Required
- Confidence in knowing when to share and when to listen = Required
- Valid Florida Driver's License and clean driving record = Required
- Working knowledge of Substance Use Treatment principles = Required
- Ability to recognize the need for, set, communicate and maintain Peer boundaries = Required
- Tried and true experience with immaculate documentation skills = Required
- Capacity to relate to a diverse group of Peers and co-workers = Required
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite = Required
- Confidence to work with a combination of empathy, energy and efficiency = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time position
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, contact HR Generalist/Recruiter Beth Poulin via 239-354-1482 or BethP@DLCMHC.Com.