LOCAL NON-PROFIT ACCOUNTING OPPORTUNITIES TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
~ SIGN-ON BONUS, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT & POTENTIAL RELOCATION ASSISTANCE! ~
~ SPECIALIZE YOUR SKILL SET AND GROW WITHIN A COMPANY! ~
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
DLC Staff Accountants are responsible for all aspects of financial health for our non-profit behavioral healthcare organization with an annual revenue of over $26 million.
Our current openings each offer a unique opportunity to use, gain or enhance your specialty skills.
- All are Full-Time and Full-Benefits!
- All perform general Accounting duties as assigned by Accounting Supervisor/become cross-trained
- All assist with special projects
Specialty Position Details (# 432, # 957 & # 958):
# 432 - Month-End Specialist/General Accounting
- Month-End: preparing and importing various types of journal entries; accruals, adjustments, reversals, manual entries as well as importing from other programs.
- Reconciliations: reconciling balance sheet including bank accounts and select revenue/expense accounts.
- Reporting: preparing and reviewing financial statements and supporting schedules. Providing explanations on budget to actual variances.
- Fixed Assets (FA): entering FA additions, disposals, depreciation expenses, managing FA documentation, and reconciling fixed assets to budget.
- Annual reporting of unclaimed checks to State of Florida.
- Departmental cross training on other functions including grants, restricted funds, and other identified tasks.
- Assisting with preparation of annual audit workpapers.
# 957 - Payroll Specialist/General Accounting
- Responsible for biweekly review and preparation of
~ Timesheet review and assistance with questions from supervisors/staff
~ Monthly reimbursement requests
~ Payment of payroll taxes biweekly
~ Completion of Wage and Salary verification requests, as necessary
~ Setting up additional earnings codes
~ Preparation of hours worked report
~ Train new employees on weekly timesheet submission
~ Participation in other activities on an as needed basis
- Preparing monthly productivity files for program distribution.
- Assisting with administrative functions within the accounting department, including annual insurance renewals, P-card requests, Teamwork website for tracking of required reporting related to grants and contracts, and other duties as assigned or necessary.
# 958 - Grant Specialist/General Accounting
- Managing all grant awards received to include monthly pay requests/invoices and reconciling associated general ledger accounts.
- Managing all restricted funds received and tracking utilization of funds. Ensuring accurate reporting of revenue and releases of restriction on general ledger.
- Managing all monthly invoicing related to organization contracts.
- Managing Teamwork website for tracking of required reporting related to all grants and contracts.
- Assisting with administrative functions within the accounting department, including annual insurance renewals, P-card requests, and other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Learning Payroll and Accounts Payable processing to function as a backup.
TO JOIN DLC'S ACCOUNTING TEAM:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution in Business, Accounting, or other related field = Required
- 1 years of related experience = Required
- Non-Profit Experience = Preferred But Will Train!
- Working knowledge of GAAP = Preferred But Will Train!
- Strong organization skills and ability to meet various reporting deadlines = Required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, plus is self-motivated = Required
- Efficient and effective communication skills = Required
- Confidence in handling multiple project deadlines and goals simultaneously = Required
- The understanding that all members of a Team matter equally = Required
- Microsoft Office 365 (Including Teams/Video Conferencing) Electronic Medical Record = Strongly Preferred
- Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required
- Ability to pass a Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprinting, Drug Screen and Local Criminal Check = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time Salaried/Exempt Positions
~ Monday-Thursday, 8AM-5PM
~ Friday, 8AM-3PM
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive
~ Exciting 401(k) w/Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives Including EAP
~ Extensive Tuition/Licensure Reimbursement Plans/Loan Forgiveness
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-206-6523.