UNIQUE PEER OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING RECOVERY WITH THE LOCAL HOSPITAL NETWORK!
SIGN-ON BONUS & PAID PEER SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION!
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
Peer Recovery Specialist: Crossroads Continuum/Hospital Bridge Program [Position # 959]
Our Crossroads Continuum Team provides substance use disorder services to Collier County adults with primary and co-occurring disorders.
The Hospital Bridge Program is a collaboration between DLC, Physicians Regional Medical Center and NCH Healthcare System. The program is designed to improve linking hospital systems with DLC's substance use programs and provide treatment, transitional support, certified recovery housing and other wrap-around services to prevent readmissions.
- Providing recovery support, intervention and referrals to treatment whilst primarily stationed at local hospitals.
- Linking Peers with Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) options when appropriate for Opioid use disorders.
- Working collaboratively with hospital staff.
- Serving as a supporter, role model, mentor and advocate to assist in recovery planning and goal setting.
- Providing non-clinical, evidence-based Peer support services and working with Peers to implement self-management wellness plans.
- Creating Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP®) to assist Peers in identifying relapse prevention strategies.
- Providing recovery and whole health education to help Peers identify their objectives in both 1:1 and group settings to address chronic diseases/co-morbid conditions.
- Helping Peers identify their interests/strengths and participating in all decisions related to establishing and achieving their recovery goals.
- Assisting Peers with developing problem-solving skills so that they can respond to challenges that may arise in their recovery process.
- Participating as a member of a Peer's entire treatment/recovery support team and including family members' input when Peer desires.
- Assisting Peers in organizing their time to keep appointments as well as other scheduled contacts with specific providers.
- Conveying hope to Peers about their own recovery and model that recovery is possible by demonstrating recovery-focused health and wellness behaviors.
- Promoting social learning, understanding and acceptance through shared experiences.
- Encouraging Peers to develop independent behavior that is based on choice rather than compliance.
- Describing personal recovery practices to help Peers discover which recovery practices work for them.
- Supporting successful community inclusion and participation.
- Transition and navigation assistance to Peers working with and through multiple recovery systems.
- Teaching life skills, including personal care and socially responsible actions.
- Coaching Peers to establish/reestablish/maintain healthy relationships with family members (of choice), significant others and friends.
- Participating in community and outside agency meetings related to creating a recovery-oriented system of care throughout Florida.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE PEER TEAM:
- High School Diploma or GED = Required
- Degree or certification in related field = Preferred
- Personally lived experience with Substance Use Disorders = Required
- Meeting Florida Certification Board requirements = Required
- Completing Peer Certification within 1 year of Start Date = Required
- Ability to share personal recovery experiences and to develop authentic Peer-to-Peer relationships = Required
- Respecting each individual Peer's unique path to recovery = Required
- Confidence in knowing when to share and when to listen = Required
- Valid Florida Driver's License and clean driving record = Required
- Working knowledge of Substance Use Treatment principles = Required
- Ability to recognize the need for, set, communicate and maintain Peer boundaries = Required
- Tried and true experience with immaculate documentation skills = Required
- Capacity to relate to a diverse group of Peers and co-workers = Required
- Microsoft Office 365 (Including Teams) & Electronic Medical Record Experience = Preferred
- Confidence to work with a combination of empathy, energy and efficiency = Required
- Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required
- Ability to pass a Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprinting, Drug Screen and Local Criminal Check = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time Hourly/Non-Exempt position
~ Monday-Friday, target hours 8AM-5PM with some flexibility required
~ Daily local travel involved
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives Including EAP
~ Extensive Tuition/Licensure Reimbursement Plans
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.