LOCAL MEDICAL TECHNICIAN OPPORTUNITY TO PROMOTE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS
NO WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS! CMA, RMA or NCMA REQUIRED!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Medical Technician: Outpatient Services [Position # 557]
Our Medical Services Program is an Outpatient setting that provides imperative care to address mental health, psychiatric, and emotional issues. It utilizes the skills of compassionate professionals to give clinical direction and ensure the development of effective coping skills.
We are looking to provide a long and strong career path for a compassionately skilled professional motivated to broaden their Mental Health/SA experience while contributing to the SWFL Community. The selected professional will have the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced Nurses in Collier County.
- Collaboratively working with the practitioner team (Physicians, APRNs, Physician Assistants, RNs and LPNs) in the Outpatient Medical Services clinic setting.
- Welcoming, greeting and providing exceptional service to Clients (on phone and in person) as well as answering questions, addressing referrals and taking care of various inquiries regarding medical service needs.
- Caring for Clients who are experiencing behavioral health, substance use disorder, and/or co-occurring disorders requiring psychiatric evaluation and/or medication management services.
- Preparing Clients for their visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room, completing the pre-visit check-in process and providing education regarding dietary recommendations/requirements.
- Verifying Client information, reviewing and/or recording medical history, confirming allergies, updating/reconciling active medication list and taking vital signs.
- Checking BMI, pregnancy/lactation status, recent inpatient or crisis episodes, confirming purpose of visit or treatment, identifying any significant changes in well-being and presenting problem areas and/or symptoms.
- Supporting Health Care Providers during examinations, collecting and/or preparing laboratory specimens as well as performing basic laboratory tests on premise.
- Disposing of contaminated supplies, authorizing drug refills if/as directed, telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies if/as directed and completing medication informed consent processes.
- Updating field expertise via educational opportunities, professional publications, personal networks and industry organizations.
- Seeking assistance when a task or question is outside of skill set or credential level plus maintaining the integrity of all medical equipment.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE MEDICAL SERVICES TEAM:
- High School Diploma/GED = Required
- One of the following certifications = Required
~ Certified Clinical Medical Assistant from the NHA
~ Registered Medical Assistant form AMT
~ National Certified Medical Assistant from NCCT
- Basic knowledge of principles and treatment approaches, best practices and/or techniques related to substance abuse and mental health programs = Preferred
- Screening, evaluation, planning and intervention skills = Required
- Demonstrated adaptability to varying and emergency work conditions = Required
- Being able to serve and protect DLC, Physicians and other Health Care Providers by adhering to professional standards/policies/procedures, federal/state/local requirements and The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (TJC) standards = Required
- Ability to maintain a safe/secure/healthy work environment by enforcing safety standards and comply with legal regulations = Required
- Commitment to ensuring Client confidentiality principles by following HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 privacy and security regulations = Required
- Acceptance of responsibility to follow transmission-based precautions that support Infectious Disease prevention and management in accordance with DLC, CDC and WHO guidelines = Required
- Efficient, empathetic and evocative communication skills = Required
- Spanish Bilingual = Preferred
- Accurate, organized and informative record-keeping/reporting skills = Required
- Comfort with and compassion shown while relating to diverse backgrounds and cultures regarding Staff and Clients = Required
- Dual professional personalities in being able to both work as a team player AND be self-motivated = Required
- Ability to ensure that all activities are managed according to DLC policy and procedure = Required
- Electronic Medical Records and Office 365 = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time position (Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM, Friday 8AM-3PM)
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you can contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin via BethP@DLCMHC.Com or 239-354-1482