LOCAL ACCOUNTING OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services. Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 277,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Staff Accountant [Position # 958]
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all aspects of the biweekly payroll and preparation of the monthly Central Florida invoice for a non-profit behavioral healthcare organization with an annual revenue of $20 million.
- Manage all grant awards received to include monthly pay requests/invoices and reconciliation of associated general ledger accounts.
- Manage all restricted funds received and track utilization of funds. Ensure accurate reporting of revenue and releases of restriction on general ledger.
- Reconciliation of expense accounts related to funding received from Central Florida.
- Learn payroll and accounts payable processing to function as a backup.
- Annual reporting of unclaimed checks to State of Florida.
- Preparation of full-time equivalent (FTE) allocations for accounting software distribution tables.
- Assist with administrative functions within the accounting department, including annual insurance renewals, management of P-card requests, manage Teamwork website for tracking of required reporting related to Central Florida/grants/contracts, and other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Assist with other projects as requested by the Accounting Supervisor or CFO.
TO BECOME DLC'S NEXT STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution in Business, Accounting, or other related field = Required
- Non-Profit Experience = Preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, plus is self-motivated = Required
- Efficient and effective communication skills = Required
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite including Teams = Required
- Confidence in handling multiple project deadlines and goals simultaneously = Required
- The understanding that all members of a Team matter equally = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time position W/ FULL Benefits
~ Monday-Thursday, 8AM-5PM
~ Friday, 8AM-3PM
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Generous 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, contact HR Generalist/Recruiter Beth Poulin via 239-354-1482 or BethP@DLCMHC.Com.