LOCAL COUNSELING OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING RECOVERY!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services. Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Professional Counselor (CLII): Addictions [Position # 886]
Our Community & Forensic Services Programs provide truly transformative care to a high-need population - if you are matched and motivated by an always evolving and always challenging environment, we have a unique and community-based opportunity available.
- Program Participant assessment and orientation for male population.
- Participation Plan reviews with Inmates prior to document signatures.
- Conducting support and psycho-educational groups:
~ Monday-Friday, 2 groups/day, 2 hours/group
- Providing individual counseling as clinically needed.
- Appropriate and timely services documentation to track Participant progress.
- Monitoring current legal statuses to facilitate referrals when Inmate is transferred to another prison or returned to the community.
- Inmate assistance arranging treatment or aftercare when returning to the community.
- Preparing Inmate discharge summaries upon Program completion or release.
- Conducting evidence-based psycho-educational modules for Program Participants in the following areas:
~ Addiction education to include HIV/AIDS
~ Relapse prevention techniques
~ Disease concepts of addiction
~ Problem resolution, anger control and stress management
~ Assertiveness and inter-personal communication skills
~ Twelve Step Program self-help
- Following established policies and procedures regarding:
~ Continuous quality improvement
~ Safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Responding to requests from Security Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines such as:
~ Employee conduct and behavior
~ Proper chain of command
~ Rules set forth while working within the detention/correctional facility
TO JOIN THE ELITE DLC TEAM:
- Master's Degree in relevant field from accredited institution = Required
- Certified Addiction Professional Counselor or Associate Addiction Professional Counselor = Strongly Preferred
- Current CPR certification from American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) = Required
- Ability to pass full Background Screening and Orientation conducted by CCSO (clearing unaccompanied access into the Naples Jail Centers) = Required
- History of Substance Abuse Counseling/Treatment experience = Required
- Knowledge of overall objectives and treatment concepts = Required
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the care and treatment of the substance use disorders and co-occurring individuals = Required
- Ability to intuitively and sharply assess client needs = Required
- Experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR) = Required
- Exceptional demonstration of organization (time and information) = Required
- Strong computer capabilities in Microsoft Office and other software = Required
- Desire to combine independent work with team support = Required
- Ability to balance the highs and lows of a demanding work environment = Required
- A communication style that can stand up to sometimes taxing client interactions = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time Position; Monday-Friday
~ ***7:00AM to 7:15AM start time (Jail security and Group start time)***
- OUTSTANDING Benefits Strong Non-Profit Salary
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, contact HR Generalist/Recruiter Beth Poulin via 239-354-1482 or BethP@DLCMHC.Com.