LOCAL SUPERVISOR OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services. Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 277,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Accounting Supervisor [Position # 955]
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Accounting Department for a non-profit behavioral healthcare organization with an annual revenue of $20 million.
They are also responsible for a select and highly skilled team with great focus and dedication to the organization.
- Oversees financial reporting, record keeping, cash receipts, deposits, petty cash, payroll, accounts payable, general ledger, audit, budgeting, and taxes.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of:
~ Accounting Department functions
~ The safekeeping of organizational assets
~ Compliance with regulatory and financial standards
~ Disbursements, bank statements, account reconciliations and donor records
- Produces, analyzes, and distributes internal reports of operating results, including monitoring organizational cashflow and advises CFO of any material variances or concerns.
- Works with department directors and managers in understanding their financial reports and answering questions. Participates in monthly financial meetings with department directors.
- Supervise a select and focused Accounting Team including training and performance evaluation.
- Working collaboratively with CFO to prepare annual operating, capital, and cash flow budgets.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of DLC policy/procedure and monitoring of departmental internal controls.
- Enforces confidentiality requirements and carries out additional duties as assigned by CFO.
TO BECOME DLC'S NEXT ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR:
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited institution in Business, Accounting, or other related field = Required
- 5 years of Accounting Experience = Required
- Supervisory experience = Preferred
- Non-Profit Experience = Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License = Preferred
- Efficient and effective communication skills = Required
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite = Required
- Confidence in handling multiple project deadlines and goals simultaneously = Required
- The understanding that all members of a Team matter equally = Required
- Ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time position
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Generous 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, contact HR Generalist/Recruiter Beth Poulin via 239-354-1482 or BethP@DLCMHC.Com.