FLEXIBLE CRISIS NURSING OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO LIFE-CHANGING MENTAL HEALTH!
ENHANCED PRN RATE!
SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY FOR ALL HOURS WORKED 4PM-8AM!
FREE CEU's, BLS & OTHER INVALUABLE TRAINING IN THE PSYCH FIELD!
NEW GRADS WELCOMED, VALUED & TRAINED!
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission. DLC IS HRSA-APPROVED!
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
PRN: Licensed Practical Nurse - Crisis Stabilization Units [Position # 245]
Our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) and Children's Crisis Stabilization Unit (CCSU) provide high-impact, transformative and imperative care to those who might not otherwise have access to mental health resources.
PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO COMPLEMENT YOUR OTHER PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS, EARN ADDITIONAL INCOME & GAIN PSYCH/CRISIS/SUD EXPERIENCE!
- Providing highly-skilled care to all Clients in the Crisis Stabilization Units (high-paced and team-oriented atmosphere).
- Processing admissions and discharges in a timely/thorough manner.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment to ensure continuity of care.
- Handling multiple tasks within a demanding environment.
- Communicating with local hospitals and community partners when needed.
- Working closely with Providers, Clinicians, RN's, Behavioral Health Techs and Support Staff.
- Collaborating with Emergency Services, Detox and Access Center.
- Providing guidance and training to Behavioral Health Tech Staff as needed, especially during crisis situations.
- Properly documenting Client information in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system including Nursing Notes, S/R Notes, etc.
- Addressing all Client concerns in a professional yet compassionate way.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE CSU TEAM:
- High school Diploma/GED = Required
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program = Required
- Clear/Active FL LPN License = Required
- Skills in nursing assessment, evaluation, planning and intervention = Required
- Related experience =
Preferred But Will Train!
~ Mental health, behavioral health, crisis nursing and/or psych nursing
~ Inpatient, residential, jail, detox and/or Baker Act
~ Dementia, Alzheimer's, anxiety, agitation, mental status changes, confusion, memory care, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with documenting in an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Microsoft Office 365/Teams = Preferred But Will Train!
- Basic knowledge of Mental Health/Substance Use Disorder treatment principles and techniques (including Medication Assisted Treatment) = Preferred But Will Train!
- Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required
- Clear Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprint Screening and Drug Test = Required
COMPENSATION & LOGISTICS
- PRN/On-Call Position
~ Shifts extended include day, evening and overnight
~ Includes weekdays, weekends and holidays
~ Shifts can be accepted or denied, with minimum requirement of (if offered) 2 shifts per month
- Full training and potential to transition into Full-Time role based on tenure and performance.
- Diverse discounts with local businesses.
- DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives.
- Opportunity to Cross-Train with Detox.
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our Clients and their families, you may contact Head Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via bethp@DLCenters.org or 239-206-6523.