LOCAL PREVENTION OPPORTUNITY TO PROMOTE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS FOR YOUTH AND ADOLESCENTS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services. Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Prevention Specialist (CLI) - Children's Services: [Position # 537]
DLC's Adult & Children's Services Programs are robust, forward-thinking and 100% dedicated to the past, present and future well-being of Collier County's population in need.
These programs focus on education, family-inclusion and working with local organizations to provide the most respectful and intensely effective care for children, adolescents and adults.
***This position requires a high-level of comfort and enthusiasm regarding public speaking to a variety of audiences***
- Providing substance abuse prevention services and activities to children, adolescents and adults.
- Public speaking in relation to education, current trends, up-to-date tools and available resources in regard to substance abuse prevention.
- Participating in health fairs and community coalitions.
- Facilitating educational groups on a variety of relevant substance abuse topics.
- Providing services not only in the office but in the community (Collier County) as well.
TO BECOME DLC'S NEXT PREVENTION SPECIALIST:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in behavioral science or a related field = Required
- Spanish Bilingual = Preferred But Not Required
- At least one year of experience working with children/adolescents in a behavioral healthcare setting = Required
- Valid, current and clean FL Driver's License for travel = Required
- Efficient, empathetic and evocative communication skills = Required
- Ability to work with a wide variety of age groups = Required
- Comfort with and compassion shown while relating to diverse backgrounds and cultures = Required
- Dual professional personalities in being able to both work as a team player AND be self-motivated = Required
- Ability to ensure that all activities are managed according to David Lawrence Center policy and procedure = Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and ability to quickly adapt to new software with strong general computer skills = Required
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience = Preferred
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time position
~ MUST be able to work a flexible schedule based on sporadic Client needs
~ County-based travel as well as some night and weekend activities
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
~ Travel Reimbursement
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, contact HR Generalist/Recruiter Beth Poulin via 239-354-1482 or BethP@DLCMHC.Com.